Sunday 11 September 2016

Was Shakespeare really that good?

So, this morning at around 7am I sat at my laptop and full of enthusiam I opened word and began to write a novel.....for 20 minutes.

See, on my laptop I also have football manager and I was two games away from winning the league with Malmö ff for the sixth consecutive season. So a pause in writing to play a couple of games wouldnt do many harm, I could plan some character development in my head while playing. I won the league. Hurrah.

It can be tough being a football manager, so I decided to watch a movie. I have tons of movies on my hard drive I keep planning to watch, so I put on 'Alien'. As this this blog is partly about reviewing I shall be honest and say I didnt really enjoy it. I find with old sci-fi/horror movies that if you missed the hype at the tine, then digital and technological advances of our current time make them difficult to enjoy.

About 2 and a half hours had past and I was getting hungry.

After a quick sausage sandwich I decided to let my stomach settle while reading a book. For 4 hours.

My girlfriend will be calling soon (which if you're reading, I assure you I can't wait) but with so many distractions in life how can I be disciplined enough to get to chapter two?

So was Shakespeare really talented, or just really really bored?

Of course I know he was talented, but I have developed a newly found respect for modern day writers (or all self employed people for that matter) who must be incredibly disciplined to avoid the modern day distractions we have at our disposal.

My hat's off to you all.

Nearly time for X-factor.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment